- Average Daily Attendance (ADA) - is the # of days of a school a student attends divided by the total # of days of instruction. A student attending every day would equal 1 ADA. ADA is typically calculated at the school level rather than the student level.
- Truancy - In California, a student is truant if he/she is absent or tardy by more than 30 minutes without a valid excuse on 3 occasions in a school year.
- Habitual Truancy - A student is habitually truant if he/she is absent without a valid excuse for 5 days during a school year.
- Chronic Truancy - A student is chronically truant if he/she is absent without a valid excuse for at least 10% of the school year.
- Chronic Absence - In California, chronic absence is defined as being absent for any reason (excused or unexcused) for at least 10% of the school year. Thus, in a 175-180 day school year a student who misses 18 days of school or more is chronically absent.
- Excused Absence - Valid excuses may include illness, Doctor or Dentist appointments, personal reasons justified by a parent or guardian, & other reasons within the discretion of school administrators.
The letters to the right will be generated by the school site during the following time periods:
Week of September 28th
Week of November 2nd
Week of January 11th
Week of March 7th
Week of April 25th
The school site principal shall be provided a letter log after each time period listed on the above.
Tips for Parents:
Weimar Hills School
200 W. Weimar Crossroad
Weimar, CA 95736
Phone: (530) 637-4121, Fax: (530) 637-4054